Monday, February 28, 2011

Sink or Swim

The triathlon team my husband and I belong to is hosting a swim meet this Saturday. Great, right?!?!?! I thought so! I signed up for the 50 free (one lap). I was excited...until the question came up whether or not I  would have to dive into the pool off the "scary-looking" blocks. Yes, indeed I would have to. Here lies the problem...I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DIVE! There. I said it. I am 31 years old and have no idea how to dive into a pool. Sure, I can jump feet first. But DIVE????? That scares the crap out of me. Something about going in head first. Ever since I was little, I have never been completely comfortable in the water. I can meander around, and I can make it through the swim in a triathlon (no scary diving blocks...you just walk into the water during a race).
Basically I have 1 week to either figure out how to dive into a pool, or be the dork  only person starting the race from water level while everyone else dives in.

I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. It's now Friday. Still can't dive. I have, however, mastered my flip-turn!

    ReplyDelete