Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Thursday Slump

Once again it's Thursday. Every week it's the same thing. 12-hour shift (11am-11pm) on Tuesday, then again on Wednesday. Thursday is my "mini-break", if you want to call it that. I don't have to be in until 7pm (yes, for another 12 hour shift.). I always look forward to Thursdays, because it's a day home with the kids (yay! No daycare!), and it's my first day being able to workout since Monday. Here is the problem...

I am so freaking exhausted from working the back-to-back 12 hour shifts that there is not enough coffee in this house to motivate me! As it is, I am so behind in housework that I have a million things to get done. I still have a load of diapers in the dryer from Monday, and this house looks like a tornado ripped through it.  Did I also mention that Thursday is grocery shopping day??

Needless to say, it's 12;20pm and I still haven't worked out. I have, however, cleaned  the bedrooms, kitchen, and "ordered" the groceries (I love grocery stores that let you input your order while the kids nap, and then all I have to do is just pick it up!). All I am waiting on is the "food coma" that accompanies lunch. Once these two munchkins are in bed dreaming sweet dreams maybe I can hop on the bike.

Maybe.

I think I need to brew another pot of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment