Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Monday is PP night!

Monday is PP night, and NOT because we are trying to potty train our 2 year old. Monday is POOL and PIZZA night!

I started the day with a plan to go to Stroller Strides with my Mom. She had the day off and was excited to come workout with us. I got up when my wonderful husband kissed my cheek to leave for work and noticed...
"Oh my it's snowing again!". Mind you this is the 20th time this year I have gotten up to see it snowing. OK, I'm exaggerating a bit, but it HAS been snowing a lot this year.

Class cancelled.

I decide later in the day to ride the bike. Baby boy went down pretty easy for an afternoon nap, while the little princess watched Curious George. This was my chance! I climbed on the bike and started pedaling. Then the phone rang. It was hubby. While pedaling and talking on my cell phone (good thing I was indoors, there is probably a law against doing that on the road), the princess decides she is ready to do what any 2 year old does for absolutely no reason at all...tantrum. For no reason at all. Wait, I already said that. Anyways, that was the story of the rest of my afternoon. One child set the other child off. Needless to say after 30 mins of cycling I had to get off and tend to the little monsters precious angels.

5:30pm could not come fast enough. I was suppose to meet my husband and the pool at 6. That's when he would be finished with his swim and I could do mine.  I had the kids bathed and in their PJ's, packed up in the car and we were on our way. The princess decided her grilled cheese sandwich wasn't good enough, so she threw it at my head while I was driving, and then screamed the rest of the way there. By the time I arrived at the pool to do "the swap", I was ready. Will took my car home with the kids and I headed inside to swim. I swam for 30 minutes, and it was the most relaxing 30 minutes of the day. I purposefully kept my ears submerged underwater as to drown out any noise. It was very peaceful. This mommy needed a time out and the pool was PERFECT! I ended my swim with a dip in the therapy pool, which is kept very warm. It felt amazing.

On the way home I picked up our pizza (the refrigerated bake-at-home kind). I arrived home to both kids asleep in their beds, the oven had already been pre-heated, a glass of red wine had been poured, and our favorite show was about to come on TV. I love our PP night tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment