Saturday, March 12, 2011

1 week and counting

I am 7 days out from the NYC Half Marathon. I am trying for a PR (personal record) for this distance. My best half marathon time so far is 2:20. I am trying for 2:10, but will be happy with anything less than 2:20. Oh who am I kidding...I will be happy just finishing and having a good time while doing it! It's New York! We get to run through Central Park, Time Square, and we get to see many other landmarks. What better way to see the city than running down the middle of the street? It's also exciting that the runners for this race were chosen by lottery, like the full NYC Marathon. Kinda makes me feel special. They picked me! They picked me! Me, along with many other runners, too. One of which is my husband. We have a sitter for the weekend and are spending an "adult only" weekend in the city. Yay for not only "date night", but a whole "date weekend"!

Went on a 7 mile run today. Was planning on running 8, but my right shin was bothering me, so I opted on the side of safety and headed home to ice it. My daughter was helpful in this (see photo below). I have concluded this is not a running injury, but a swimming injury. I had bruises on my right shin, and the other day finally figured out where they came from. As I get out of the pool I hoist myself up and put my right shin against the of the pool edge. Great for getting out of the water, not so great for my poor beat-up shin. Glad I figured this out now and can change the way I get out of the pool. Also glad it's not a running injury!

No comments:

Post a Comment