Monday, February 14, 2011

Running outdoors

It was 50 degrees out today!!!
I have been longing for the days that I can strap the kids in the double jogging stroller and go for a long run outside. Granted, on weekends my husband  and I alternate our runs so someone is home with the kids while the other is getting their workout in. However, because of how cold and snowy it has been this winter, the weekends are the ONLY times I have been able to run.  I took it for granted last summer. It was just so easy! Want to go for a run? Sure! As long as it wasn't raining I took the kids out all the time. I remember putting them in just a onesie and packing sippy cups full of ice water. Now, I can't even get outdoors without 3 layers, a hat, and gloves. It's going to be about 50 degrees again on Thursday. I see a 9 miler in my future...with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment