Sunday, February 27, 2011

10 miles of random thoughts

Today I ran 10 miles in 1 hour 54 minutes, which was awesome because this past Tuesday I ran it in 2 hours 5 minutes! Although, really, I can't compare the two, since they were totally different routes. Tuesday had more flats and today was VERY hilly. One would think my time would be slower all the uphills.  On the contrary~ with every UPhill, there is usually a comparable DOWNhill. Hence, the faster time. I must have really sped up on those downhills.

When I run, I tend to think random thoughts. Here is some of today's randomness...
~ I plan out our meals for the week. Which is quite funny, since, by the time I get home I can't remember ANY of the meals I had planned. They always tend to be healthy, too. When I workout I get to thinking, "Yes! This is it! No more junk food, no more chocolate, only lots of veggies and fruit." and of course, as soon as I walk through the door I am just so darn hungry from my workout I pickup the bag of tortilla chips and salsa (at least it's fresh salsa, not the jar kind) and go to town.
~ I either need to get a new (good) sports bra or stop breastfeeding. Since the second choice is really not an option (I plan to nurse my son until he is 1 year old, which is still 8 weeks away.) Plus, breastfeeding burns 500 calories a day and I LOVE that! So...I guess it's time for a little shopping trip.
~I think about what my kids will wear to our races this summer. Ironman 70.3 especially. Sure, sure, they could wear anything and it wouldn't really matter. BUT, this is a huge race and I'm all about the dorky "Go Mommy" and "Go Daddy" T-shirts. When you are racing [any distance], it really is a mental lift to see that little cutie in a personalized shirt clapping for you. So, yes, my kids will have dorky, hand-crafted (by me!) T-Shirts that have catchy slogans on them. That being said...
~I basically designed their T-Shirts! All during my run! Of course, now I have forgotten what they look like, just like our meals for the week.
~I wonder if people are looking out their windows, wondering what this crazy girl is doing, running in the snow. I'm sure no one even notices, or even cares. On the flip side, I am looking at their houses, wondering why on earth they still have their Christmas lights up. It's freakin February!!! Then again, we do still have a wreath on our front door. Maybe the owners of the homes with Christmas lights have babies. I know that's the reason why our lights are still up. We say (just about every weekend), "We should take the lights down today." And by the time the angels are asleep in their bed we are, a) too exhausted,  or b) we just plain forgot.


10 mile snow run on country backroads

No comments:

Post a Comment